What is Nintendo Switch? How To Factory Reset Or Hard Reset Nintendo Switch? How To Connect Nintendo Switch To A Laptop? – A Detailed Guide
In this detailed guide, you will know what is Nintendo Switch and how to perform a hard reset on Nintendo Switch. So, let’s begin.
Nintendo Switch is a video game console that was released on March 3, 2017. It functions similarly to a tablet and can be docked into a TV or used as a handheld device. The Joy-Cons are attached to both sides of the Console and can be used in a handheld fashion. These controllers can hook up to a grip for the home console game functionality or be used in their own right for local multiplayer modes. Switch’s software lets you play online over the Internet or wirelessly with other consoles. Nintendo Switch games are available in both physical and digital forms.
How To Factory Reset Nintendo Switch Using System Setting?
If you want to do a factory reset on your Switch, ensure you’re connected to Wi-Fi. If you can’t get a Wi-Fi connection, your Switch will continue to be your active Console for downloads. In case you forgot how to connect, the guide will walk you through it.
- From the Home menu, go to System Settings.
- Choose System from the left.
- Go to the System menu and pick Formatting Options.
- Then scroll down to Initialize Console.
- Follow the steps on the screen and hit next.
- Then, let your Switch connect to the Internet so it’ll stop being the active Console for your Nintendo account.
- Click the red Initialize button, it will completely wipe your system and its done.
How To Hard Reset Nintendo Switch?
If Nintendo Switch slows down, continues to lag, or experiences other glitches when in use, you have to try a soft reset to get the system back up and running. This entails turning it off and then back on again.
On the other hand, if you want to erase all of your data from the Switch, such as before selling, donating, or sending it in for repairs, you should perform a hard reset.
- Press the small power button on top of the Switch console, and hold it there until it goes off. It will take about 10 or 15 seconds.
- Hold down the volume up and volume down buttons, then press the power button.
- Continue holding the buttons until Maintenance Mode loads on the Nintendo Switch.
- Choose Initialize Console Without Deleting Save Data, then select OK.
- Wait for the console to finish resetting, restoring it to factory settings.
How To Connect Nintendo Switch To A Laptop?
Do you want to play your Nintendo Switch wherever you are? Do you want the best experience possible when playing your favorite games on a laptop or computer but don’t know how to connect it? Don’t worry! We have mentioned all the steps below that are required to connect a Nintendo Switch to Laptop.
- Put off the Nintendo Switch’s HDMI cable from the television.
- You can attach your Elgato HD60 HDMI capture card to the Nintendo Switch via its HDMI cable.
- Use your laptop to play Game Capture HD.
- Tap on the Home button on your Nintendo Switch to turn it on.
- Connect the Elgato HD60 USB cable to your laptop and the card.
- You will see the Game capture HD on your screen.
- Select Fullscreen in the upper-right corner of Game Capture HD. The program will take up the entire screen.
- You are now good to go to play the games on the bigger screen.